Monday, August 22, 2011

Cooking the Deals of August 21-27

We had a busy first weekend home with our little girl, so I didn't have time to write up this post until today. Sorry to those who look forward to it on Sunday. I hope next weekend is a little more tame so I can get this posted earlier!
I find it easier to plan ahead, than try to play catch-up. My suggestion would be that you can do your grocery shopping for the next week. But of course, if you see something you just have to try then why wait until next week? Cook it up tonight for dinner!

Keep in mind, that I do assume that you will have some of the staples stock-piled and on hand to make your meal cheaper. When you're starting off you may not have some of these things stock-piled, but as you go you will!

A "*" denotes items I have on hand that I have gotten for free.

Rainbow Shoppers (that's me!)... check out the list of deals this week at Rainbow.
And for those without a near-by Rainbow... check out the list of deals at Cub.

Something to keep in mind... Much of the produce I have listed could be found cheaper at Aldi Foods (or even cheaper if you have it growing in your garden!)

This meal plan is linked up at OrgJunkie

Ground Beef $1.99/lb @ Rainbow
Green Peppers $0.50 @ Rainbow
Sweet Onions $0.89/lb @ Rainbow or Cub
Hunt's or Ro-tel Diced Tomatoes $0.75 @ Cub
- or - Bushel Boy Beefsteak Tomaotes $1.49/lb @ Rainbow

Meal #2: Beer Butt Chicken
Roundy's Whole Chicken $1.29/lb @ Rainbow
Crystal Farms Butter $3.49 @ Cub (this is more than what I normally pay)

Meal #3: Apple Glaze & Pork Chops
Hormel Always Tender Combo Pack Pork Loin $1.49/lb @ Cub
Clear Value Apple Juice Cocktail $1.29 @ Rainbow
Wesson Vegetable Oil $3.49 @ Cub
Crystal Farms Butter $3.49 @ Cub (this is more than what I normally pay)
Sweet Onions $0.89/lb @ Rainbow or Cub

Ground Beef $1.99/lb @ Rainbow
Sweet Onions $0.89/lb @ Rainbow or Cub
Corn on the Cob $0.25/ ear @ Rainbow
Crystal Farms Butter $3.49 @ Cub (this is more than what I normally pay)

Meal #5: Baked Spaghetti
Ground Beef $1.99/lb @ Rainbow (use instead of Italian Sausage in recipe)
Creamette Pasta $1.00 @ Rainbow (I usually get other brands for free)

No comments: