Monday, August 1, 2011

Cooking the Deals of July 31 - Aug 6

As my due date approaches (August 13th), I wanted to let you rest assured that I have asked my wonderful mother to post some ways to cook the deals. She has agreed, and let me tell you (cause the hubbs tells me!) that she is a much better cook that I. So I'm sure you're in for some great meals and recipes! 
I find it easier to plan ahead, than try to play catch-up. My suggestion would be that you can do your grocery shopping for the next week. But of course, if you see something you just have to try then why wait until next week? Cook it up tonight for dinner!

Keep in mind, that I do assume that you will have some of the staples stock-piled and on hand to make your meal cheaper. When you're starting off you may not have some of these things stock-piled, but as you go you will!

A "*" denotes items I have on hand that I have gotten for free.

Rainbow Shoppers (that's me!)... check out the list of deals this week at Rainbow.
And for those without a near-by Rainbow... check out the list of deals at Cub.

Something to keep in mind... Much of the produce I have listed could be found cheaper at Aldi Foods (or even cheaper if you have it growing in your garden!)

This meal plan is linked up at OrgJunkie

Cub Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $2.25/lb @ Cub
Dole Head Lettuce $0.68 @ Cub
Strawberries $1.67 @ Cub
Blackberries $2.00 @ Cub
Blueberries $1.50 @ Rainbow
Planters Peanuts $3 @ Cub

Cub Chicken Drumsticks $1.39/lb @ Cub

Roundy's Chicken Leg Quarters $0.78/lb @ Rainbow
Open Pit BBQ Sauce $1.00 @ Rainbow *(this is something I always get for free & have on hand, but beware, it can lead to several open bottles in the fridge!)

Roundy's Chicken Leg Quarters $0.78/lb @ Rainbow
Planters Peanuts $3.00 @ Cub
Minute Rice Steamers Free @ Rainbow
Roundy's Frozen Veggies $1.00 @ Rainbow

Cub Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $2.25/lb @ Cub
Kemp's Sour Cream $0.50 @ Rainbow
Roundy's Shredded Cheese $2.00 @ Rainbow (this is more than I like to pay, but if you need it)

No comments: