Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie on a Biscuit

I just made this the other night for dinner, and it was great! We even had enough leftover for two freezer meals for when the baby comes! The hubbs loves that I'm making his life easier!
2-3 chicken breasts (I used 6 chicken tenders)
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used the broth leftover from the shredded chicken I made the day before & added some chicken gravy mix to thicken it up)
1/3 c milk
1 package frozen mixed veggies, thawed (or 1 can, drained)
about 10 biscuits (I used Rhodes' Dinner Rolls, but I think I would have like Pillsbury Grands better with this recipe, because they are flakier)
Optional:
     finely chopped onion
     celery, thinly sliced
     mushrooms, sliced

Put chicken, cream of chicken soup (or broth with gravy mix), and milk, (and celery, onion, & mushrooms if you choose) into the crockpot. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-6 hours (we had to eat dinner early, so I cooked mine on high). About 15-20 minutes before you serve, stir in the mixed veggies, and bake your biscuits as directed on the package. Depending on what type of chicken you use you may need to break/cut the chicken into smaller bite size pieces. To serve, cut each biscuit in half and spoon pot pit mixture over the top. (I like to let mine soak into the bread a little before I eat it, but that's just me)

3 comments:

Denise said...

This does look nummy! I may have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing...

Cooking with Cristin said...

I added this to my Recipe's To Try List Blog
I will come back and let you know how it was when i get a chance to try it out!
Thanks for the recipe
From Cristin To Mommy

Sarah Gibson said...

Thanks, ladies! I thought it was quite good. I would love to hear what you guys think though! Leave a comment and let everyone know after you try it.