Friday, April 20, 2012

Getting Free Date Night Gift Cards

So I wrote a post on our date night on my other blog about how we used gift cards to help pay for them, but then realized that a lot of people don't get gift cards as Christmas presents, or know where else we get them from. So I thought I'd write up a post about it, so that if you don't get them as gifts, you can find other places to get them.

I think my favorite place is from Discover Card. We use our credit card and then get points that we can then use to get gift cards for lots of different places, including restaurants. My two favorites are Bucca diBeppo, because I often find $10 off $20 coupons in my mail, and Applebee's because they have 1/2 price apps during certain times and $5 burgers on Mondays (check with your local Applebee's for more specifics). Of course, if you have found that having a credit card doesn't work well for your budget with your family, these "free" gift cards could become costly for your family.

Another place, one that I have blogged about before is Super America with their My SA Rewards program. You can get several different gift cards, including Applebee's (which, again, has good deals at certain times).

Check Points is a smart phone app that also has gift cards, though they only have two food-type gift cards, Subway and Restaurant.com. (I don't typically use this one for food gift cards, but it is an option.) Use bonus code "musclesjo" to get 150 bonus points when you sign up.

ShopKick is another app that you can get gift cards. They only have Restaurant.com gift cards in the food category though. Again, I don't usually get these ones, but it's another option. Use bonus code "hornet6061" to get 50 bonus points when you sign up.

Swagbucks is another place to earn free gift cards. It is a search engine that rewards you for your searches. There are other ways to earn, including their daily poll, coupons, and daily deals. You can get Domino's, Papa John's, Chili's, and more. Though, this is another one that I don't typically get food gift cards from, as their $5 Amazon gift card is the best deal.

My Points is another search engine-type site where you can earn free gift cards for searching, shopping through their site, and taking surveys.

There are many others that are out there, and you can read my Legit Ways to Make Extra $$ post series to find out more. But this is a good start to getting some free (or at least cheap!) date nights... now just if you could find a babysitter that accepted your free gift cards!

No comments: