Friday, April 20, 2012

CheckPoints = Free Father's Day Gifts

Image Credit
I have been using CheckPoints for a couple months now. I find it really easy to use, and a great way to make some extra "cash" (you get gift cards).
You earn points for "checking in" at different stores & businesses, and for scanning select items at the store. You can also earn coins for scanning things at home, downloading apps. You use the coins to play games and earn more points. The best bang for your... well, points, is to get the $1 Home Depot gift card for 300 points. They send you an email and you can print out the "gift card" to bring to the store.

Since I think it is kind of a hassle to print out 45 gift card codes (that's how many I have right now), I wait until I get $10 worth, then go to Home Depot's website and buy a $10 plastic gift card, which they then mail to me. Plus, then when I give them to the hubbs and my dad for Father's Day, it looks a little nicer! Be warned though, that you can only use 10 gift cards per transaction, so don't save up 25 thinking you'll get a $25 gift card. You'll have to get two $10 ones, and wait until you have another 5 get get another $10 gift card. I can usually earn $2-3 a week or more doing this (depending on how often I'm at the store scanning, and how often I win at their games), so I'm hoping come June 17, I'll have enough for both our dads and the hubbs! :)

If you don't already have the app, download it, and use the bonus code "musclesjo" for 150 bonus points to get you half way to your first Home Depot gift card!

No comments: