Sunday, October 9, 2011

Baked Apple Pancake

2 tbsp. butter
1 apple, cored and cut into wedges
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. flour
4 eggs
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
dash of salt
powdered sugar

Melt butter in a skillet, then pour 1/2 of it into a blender (I used my immersion blender & the cup that came with it). Put the apples slices into the skillet to cook & soften (about 3-5 minutes). In the blender, add milk, flour, eggs, sugar, and vanilla and blend. Transfer apples and butter into a greased round baking pan. (I found the butter didn't spread to the edges of the pan and the pancake stuck, so I would grease the pan next time.) Arrange the apples slices around the edges, then pour the pancake batter over. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar, cut into pizza slices, and serve.

I found the pancake to be a little bland if I didn't have a bite of apple with it, so I topped mine with peanut butter. (I love PB on pancakes!) Though, I think maple syrup or whippped cream would be good too. I think next time I would add cinnamon & nutmeg to the batter.

No comments: