Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cooking the Deals of August 7-13

As my due date approaches (August 13th), I wanted to let you rest assured that I have asked my wonderful mother to post some ways to cook the deals. She has agreed, and let me tell you (cause the hubbs tells me!) that she is a much better cook that I. So I'm sure you're in for some great meals and recipes! 
I find it easier to plan ahead, than try to play catch-up. My suggestion would be that you can do your grocery shopping for the next week. But of course, if you see something you just have to try then why wait until next week? Cook it up tonight for dinner!

Keep in mind, that I do assume that you will have some of the staples stock-piled and on hand to make your meal cheaper. When you're starting off you may not have some of these things stock-piled, but as you go you will!

A "*" denotes items I have on hand that I have gotten for free.

Rainbow Shoppers (that's me!)... check out the list of deals this week at Rainbow.
And for those without a near-by Rainbow... check out the list of deals at Cub.

Something to keep in mind... Much of the produce I have listed could be found cheaper at Aldi Foods (or even cheaper if you have it growing in your garden!)

This meal plan is linked up at OrgJunkie

Meal #1: Manwich Sanwiches
Cub Ground Beef $2.49/lb @ Cub
Manwich $0.48* @ Rainbow (if you buy 11 of them, no coupons needed)
*There are two deals running right now that involve Manwich. The one you need to spend $15, the other you need to buy 10 items. Both result in $5 off (one is a coupon, one is instantly off your order).

Meal #2: Spaghetti & Meatballs
Cub Ground Beef $2.49/lb @ Cub
Ronzoni Pasta Free @ Rainbow ($1 off 1 in 5-15 SS)
Classico Pasta Sauce $0.89 @ Rainbow ($1 off 2 in 5-15 SS)
Eggs $0.99 @ Rainbow (until Tuesday with in-ad coupon)

Meal #3: Chicken Mac & Cheese Hotdish
Gold'n Plump Chicken $1.99/lb @ Rainbow ($1 off 1 printable or $1 off 1 printable)

Ronzoni Pasta Free @ Rainbow ($1 off 1 in 5-15 SS)

Meal #4: Chicken on the Grill & BBQ Seasoned Corn on the Cob
Gold'n Plump Chicken $1.99/lb @ Rainbow ($1 off 1 printable or $1 off 1 printable)
Corn $0.25/ear @ Rainbow
Roundy's Butter $2.49 @ Rainbow

Gold'n Plump Chicken $1.99/lb @ Rainbow ($1 off 1 printable or $1 off 1 printable)
Ronzoni Pasta Free @ Rainbow ($1 off 1 in 5-15 SS)
Roundy's Butter $2.49 @ Rainbow

No comments: