Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cooking the Deals of Aug 14-20

Well I hope that I can live up to my daughters meal planning cooking and couponing expectations. She and my favorite son-in-law blessed our family with a beautiful baby girl, Eleanor Elisabeth (granted I may be biased) and they are spending some time together getting to know each other. Thus my 'I never write down my recipes and use whatever I have on hand' cooking methods had to be recorded and adapted for this weeks sales.

I find it easier to plan ahead, than try to play catch-up. My suggestion would be that you can do your grocery shopping for the next week. But of course, if you see something you just have to try then why wait until next week? Cook it up tonight for dinner!

Keep in mind, that I do assume that you will have some of the staples stock-piled and on hand to make your meal cheaper. When you're starting off you may not have some of these things stock-piled, but as you go you will!

A "*" denotes items I have on hand that I have gotten for free.

Rainbow Shoppers (that's me!)... check out the list of deals this week at Rainbow.
And for those without a near-by Rainbow... check out the list of deals at Cub.

Something to keep in mind... Much of the produce I have listed could be found cheaper at Aldi Foods (or even cheaper if you have it growing in your garden!)

This meal plan is linked up at OrgJunkie.


Meal #1: Pretzel Chicken with Strawberry Peach Salsa
Roundy's boneless chicken breasts $1.99/lb or Gold 'n Plump chicken thighs 2/$8.00 @ Rainbow
- or - Cub Boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins 5 lb bag / $5.99
Strawberries 2/$4.00 @ Rainbow
Del Monte Canned Peaches 2/$3.00 @ Rainbow
- or - fresh peaches $1.77/lb @ Cub
Sweet onions $.79/lb @ Rainbow
Rold Gold Pretzles $2.49 @ Rainbow

Johnsonville Brats 3 lb/ $9.99 or Roundy's Brats 3 lb/ $7.99 @ Rainbow
Sweet onions $.79/lb @ Rainbow
Baking potatoes $.79/lb @ Rainbow

Jenny-O Ground Turkey 1lb/$2.29 chub @ Cub
Ore Ida Tater Tots 4/$11.00 @ Rainbow
Birds Eye or Freshlike Frozen Vegetables 4/$5.00 @ Rainbow
Sargento Shredded Cheese 2/$9.00

Meal # 4: Easy Chicken Cordon Blu
Roundy's boneless chicken breasts $1.99/lb @ Rainbow
- or - Gold 'n Plump chicken thighs 2/$8.00 @ Rainbow
- or - Cub Boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins 5 lb bag / $5.99
Oscar Meyer deli fresh Smoked Ham 2/$7.00
- or - Healthy Ones Ham 2/$5.00 @ Rainbow
Rold Gold Pretzles $2.49 @ Rainbow
Kraft Deli Fresh Swiss Cheese 2/$5.00

Meal #5: Alfredo Shrimp with Bacon
Arctic Shores Medium Raw Shrimp 1 lb/$5.99 @ Cub
Barilla Alfredo Sauce 2/$5.00 or Prego Alfredo Sauce 5/$10.00
Premium thick sliced bacon 1 lb/$3.99 @ Cub
- or - Farmland sliced bacon 1 lb/$4.00
Birds Eye or Freshlike Frozen Vegetables 4/$5.00 @ Rainbow
*Angel Hair Pasta - Barilla 1 lb/$1.00 @ Rainbow

No comments: